Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, October 7, 2013

How does your family tree look?


Photo credit: fusible.com

Has your child come home from school yet and said, “My teacher wants us to make a family tree?” It’s been a while since my boys have had to develop a family tree. However, I remember oh so well trying to determine how Cousin Morgan was connected to Grandma Lula. And discovering that Uncle Steve’s real name was Theo.
A family tree can be full of many intelligent and wacky members. It’s interesting sharing these stories with our children. So how do you begin? How about having your child read a book with a family related theme?

I recently read a book titled, The Five Lost Aunts of Harriet Bean, by Alexander McCall Smith. Harriet discovers that she has aunts she’s never met. Today I am a guest blogger at The Family that reads together. Click here to read more about the topic of family history and ideas for teaching your child about family history.

No comments:

Post a Comment