Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, July 29, 2013

A chorus of parenting woes

Photo credit: www.society6.com


Have you ever had a day where you felt like all of you demands to your child seemed like you were singing a chorus? Maybe you’ve said one too many times, “move your toys, stop running in the house, go to bed.” One dad put his wife’s words together and submitted it to a contest.
The Sydney Symphony ran a contest titled, “Say It With Carmina.” The dad, Matthew Hodge won the contest and the video below is how the Sydney Symphony set Matthew’s words to music.


Video credit: Youtube

The next time you feel a symphony of parenting demands coming on, write them down. It may lead you to write a story, a song, jingle or just relieve a little tension.

4 comments:

  1. That was great! I heard a lot of my own sayings there. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Dana it's funny to see a little of ourselves in someone else's situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could hear myself - a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Peaches. I've said a few of those phrases too.

    ReplyDelete