Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wordless Wednesday – Have you ever made a Red Velvet cake?


Southern Red Velvet cake with crushed pecans (only on half of cake because the kids didn't want nuts)

Today isn’t totally wordless, but it’s less words than usual.
Confession number 101 (I think)…I don’t bake much. I stepped out of the box, out of my comfort zone and anywhere else I could step out of, to bake this cake. And this was my first attempt at baking a cake from scratch.

This Southern Red Velvet cake was a recipe I found at the foodnetwork. It was an easy to follow recipe. If I can do it, anyone can. Photos are below, but check out the website for ingredients and direction.

 

Dry ingredients
 
Wet ingredients

Mixing dry ingredients

 
Mixing dry and wet ingredients together

After baking 30 minutes

 
Finished cake with cream cheese frosting


What winning recipe have you tried lately?

 

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I've never made that kind of cake before but have always wanted to. I'll check out the recipe. Thanks!

    Have a great Wednesday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Dana it was very moist and delightful!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete