Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, June 14, 2013

A Father’s Day Tribe


Photo credit: www.123rf.com

What are your fondest memories about your dad or father figure in your life? My grandfather played a key role in my life. I remember the way he used to leave coins on a chair or table for my brother and me. He did the same for my kids when they were younger. It was his way of giving us spending change.
Every year during my elementary and middle school days, we took an overnight trip to Niagara Falls, Canada. I remember buying souvenirs at the gift shop near the falls, visiting the museums, and watching the falls change colors at night.

During Easter breaks we would visit relatives in Indiana or Kentucky. Needless to say, my grandparents loved to travel.

My grandfather was there when I learned to ride a bike, drive a car (his car) and to drive me to college for move in day. Although my grandfather passed last year, I still say thanks for all the memories.
What memories do you cherish?

Below is a video performance of American Idol contestant Jessica Sanchez singing Dance with My Father click here.

Happy Father’s Day to all of the dads, brother’s uncles and father figures who help to make life special.


5 comments:

  1. Ah, this post gives me the warm-fuzzies. My grandfather passed away when I was around 5 or 6, but I still remember him as though I just talked to him yesterday. He was blind by the time I knew him, but that didn't stop him from handing out change to his grandchildren. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda for sharing your memory.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post! I really enjoyed the video.

    Have a great week. ☺

    ReplyDelete