Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wild Wednesday – The Color Run – The happiest 5K on the planet

A mom and son volunteer experience

It’s a great experience to see people come together for a good cause. Recently in Ypsilanti, MI,  a 5k run was held that benefited local charities. The tag line for this event was “The happiest 5k run on the planet.”

I quickly learned why this race was dubbed the “happiest” 5K. My role as a volunteer was to throw color on the runners as they passed through the Pink zone. Of course I used this event as an opportunity to teach my son the altruistic value of volunteerism.

 

 





Above 4 photos taken by Daniel Brenner or Courtney Sacco annarbor.com

The outcome of the 5K event was charities receiving funds, people laughing, having fun, and a teen with a new perspective on volunteering.




4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun for a good cause! I've seen a lot of people posting about this on Facebook recently.

    Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Dana it was unexpected fun. I was planning to work a different area of the event, but throwing the color was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great event for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Sherry...total greatness!

    ReplyDelete